HARTFORD, Conn. -- The Yale women's squash team suffered its first loss of the season last night to No. 3 Trinity by a score of 8-1. Trinity has controlled the annual series with Yale as of late, extending its streak of consecutive wins to seven. The Bulldogs are now 7-1 on the season.
The Bulldogs were unable to grab momentum in spots they have typically succeeded this season. Yale lost eight of the nine scoring matches, with the lone win coming at the 8 spot by junior Selena Maity in four games (5-11, 11-7, 11-9, 11-8). Senior Jenny Scherl, despite losing in four games, played a tough match against Trinity's Raneem Sharaf in the 1 spot, only getting outscored 38-32. Junior Emily Sherwood also played a very close match in the 7 spot, winning one game and losing by two points in each of the three games she dropped.
The Yale women have a quick turnaround before they face No. 5 Stanford. The team departed campus this morning for their match on Saturday, which will begin at noon PST in Palo Alto, Cali.
Report by Nick Sehlinger '17, Yale Sports Publicity
WOMEN'S MATCH RESULTS
1. TC - Raneem Sharaf def. Jenny Scherl, 11-6, 5-11, 11-6, 11-9
2. TC - Salma Alam El Din def. Lucy Beecroft, 13-11, 11-5, 11-6
3. TC - Anna Kimberley def. Celine Yeap, 11-3, 11-7, 11-5
4. TC - Vanessa Raj def. Shiyuan Mao, 11-6, 11-2, 11-4
5. TC - Lakeesha Rarere def. Jen Davis, 11-3, 11-6, 11-5
6. TC - Julia LeCoq def. Jocelyn Lehman, 11-2, 11-4,12-10
7. TC - Jennifer Haley def. Emily Sherwood, 12-10, 14-16, 11-9, 12-10
8. YALE - Selena Maity def. Salma El Defrawy, 5-11, 11-7, 11-9, 11-8
9. TC - Karolina Holinkova def. Jessica Yacobucci, 11-7, 11-5, 11-9
Trinity (Conn.) 8, Yale 1