NEW HAVEN, Conn. -- The Bulldogs step out of conference on Tuesday with a game at Quinnipiac. First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m.
The Bulldogs dropped three tough losses -- including two extra-inning games -- to Columbia last weekend. Yale enters play this week at 11-20 overall and 5-7 in Ivy League play.
News and Notes
- Yale received three solid starting pitching performances from Alex Stiegler, Scott Politz and Kumar Nambiar. Stiegler earned a spot on the Ivy League weekly honor rolll with his 10-strikeout, no-walk performance in seven innings against the Lions.
- Griffin Dey also earned a spot on the league's weekly honor roll. Dey went 5 for 12 in the Columbia series and 4 for 5 against Sacred Heart last Wednesday. He leads the team with seven homers and 32 RBI.
- Simon Whiteman leads the team with a .329 batting average.
- The Bulldogs defeated the Bobcats 11-2 back on March 20.
- Yale enters the week ranked fourth in the nation in team fielding percentage (.982).
- The Bulldogs lead the Ivy League with a team ERA of 4.15.
- This weekend the Bulldogs travel to Penn for a three-game series beginning on Saturday. Penn enters the weekend 8-4 in league play.
Report filed by Ernie Bertothy, Yale Sports Publicity