Princeton (14-24, 8-10 Ivy) at Yale (16-23, 10-8 Ivy)
Saturday, May 11, 2019 - Game 1, 11:30 a.m.
Saturday, May 11, 2019 - Game 2, (approximately 3 p.m.)
Sunday, May 12, 2019 - 12 p.m.
News and notes for the up-coming three-game series vs. Princeton:
- The Bulldogs will honor their seniors and look to finish the season on a high note with a three-game series this weekend against Princeton at Yale Field.
- Yale's seniors will be recognized between games on Saturday. The Class of 2019 includes Sam Boies, Tim DeGraw, Griffin Dey, Tom Fuller, Kumar Nambiar, Scott Politz, Benny Wanger and team captain Simon Whiteman.
- When Yale plays on Saturday, it will mark its first game since April 28.
- Yale won two of three at Dartmouth over the weekend of April 27 and 28. On the 28th, the Bulldogs swept Dartmouth in a doubleheader.
- Kumar Nambiar earned back-to-back Ivy League Pitcher of the Week honors after a three-hit shutout at Dartmouth on April 28.
- Alex Stiegler (2.58) and Kumar Nambiar (2.59) rank third and fourth respectively in ERA against Ivy League competition
- The Bulldogs have four everyday players hitting over .300 -- Griffin Dey (.366), Mason LaPlante (.338), Simon Whiteman (.331) and Jake Gehri (.317).
- Yale features the best team ERA (3.79) and fielding percentage (.983) in the Ivy League in conference games.
- The Bulldogs rank among the national leaders in double plays (9th), stolen bases (12th) and fielding percentage (21st)
- On Saturday during game one, Yale will offer a "Bark in the Park" promotion. Fans can bring their dog with them to watch the game as long as they are on a leash, and they must sign a waiver at the gate before entry. The Friends of New Haven Animal Shelter will have a table for donations to support a food and toy drive.
Report filed by Ernie Bertothy, Yale Sports Publicity